Hi everyone! I’m the newest Lou in the office (not the tea-tasting kind), I’m Louby and I work alongside Rachel and Emma as Export Assistant. I do a lot of different things, but day to day, you’ll find me processing international business orders, chatting to new accounts and dealing with enquiries, as well as organising shipping and delivery. We don’t like our accounts waiting too long for their tea! So, a few things about me:
- Before I started at teapigs, I worked as an English teacher in Hanoi, Vietnam. I taught 7 classes a day with 40-60 kids in each class, all between the ages of 6-9. It was a crazy experience!
- When I was younger, I used to do lots of springboard diving and gymnastics. I competed both nationally and internationally.
- I’m allergic to fluffy animals, it sucks! I did however have two pet Lizards growing up - Lizzie and Spikey.
- As much as I love living in London, I’m a real outdoorsy person. I guess that comes from growing up in the Yorkshire Dales. Hiking, climbing, kayaking, you name it!
- I studied abroad in Melbourne, Australia as part of my Linguistics degree. I definitely spent more time brunching than attending lectures.
- I drink a LOT of tea! My go-to-brew is either Tung Ting Oolong, Mao Feng Green or Honeybush & Rooibos depending on the time of day.
- I’m a creature of comfort, I mean, I came into the office today with my hot water bottle! That says it all…