It’s migration season here at teapigs! Everyone in the office seems to be moving house! I’m just about to move into a lovely little flat which is right opposite Ravenscourt Park, Hammersmith.
I’ve had a few wanders round the park now and it’s inspired me so much I decided to write a little blog on it. Like so many in London, I’m spoilt with the Thames right on my doorstep, so this is where I tend to head when the sun treats us to a visit. But you don’t have to venture all the way to Hyde or St. James’ to enjoy an impressive park. Here’s my pick of the rest:
- Ravenscourt Park. Very dog and child friendly, plus loads of local events including the ever-popular outdoor cinema this summer http://www.popupscreens.co.uk/
- Clissold Park. Apparently you can get £5 foot massages off the street, not sure how nice or legal this is…
- Burgess Park. One for the sports fans amongst you.
- Bunhill Fields. Deserters cemetery in the centre, because who doesn’t love a bit of anarchy with their morning stroll.
- Wimbledon Common. Not exactly small but a nice change from the bustling Clapham and a great way to pretend you don’t actually live in London.