It’s no secret that we love all things matcha – but at first glance, we know it can be slightly daunting trying to think of interesting ways to use it on a daily basis.
The great thing is, you can pretty much use it in everything and anything, but here are five of our absolute favourite, simple ways to get your daily dose of matcha
1/2 tsp teapigs matcha or 1 teapigs matcha sachet
a squirt of agave syrup
a sprinkle of cinnamon and/or nutmeg
250ml almond milk
- Add a small amount of milk to 1g of matcha in your cup*
- Whisk until smooth - we find a hand held whisk works best
- Add agave and spices
- Heat almond milk and whisk to make frothy
- Add the milk to the matcha and enjoy!
*this is AMAZING iced too. Follow above instructions but pour over a glass of ice.
1/4 stick celery
2 sprigs mint
1/2 teaspoon matcha or 1 matcha sachet
Just blend it all together!
*This tastes creamy (thanks banana!) yet light and fresh – we love it at breakfast time. If you find it too thick, add a dash of coconut water or fruit juice.
1/2 teaspoon teapigs matcha or 1 matcha sachet
100ml skimmed milk (or dairy free alternative)
2-3 scoops good quality coconut ice cream
How to make…
- Add 100ml of skimmed milk, 2-3 tablespoons of coconut ice-cream into a blender
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of teapigs organic matcha
- Add a little coconut milk to lengthen
*why not try vanilla ice cream instead of coconut. White chocolate or coconut sprinkles on top. YUM!
So, not really a recipe, but a matcha shot is definitely one of our favourite (and quick!) ways to have matcha in the mornings.
All you need is 1/2 tsp of matcha, and a shot of liquid - we usually go for water, but you can use fruit juice if you'd prefer.
Give it all a quick whisk, and get it down in one.
(This is a great one if you're not overley keen on the taste of green tea, but still want the health benefits)
One for the weekend.... Matcha martini
1/2 teaspoon matcha powder or 1 matcha sachet
2 teaspoons cane sugar (or light agave syrup)
splash apple juice
How to make:
- Whisk matcha and agave in to a little vodka
- Pour into a shaker full of ice, add the remaining vodka and the apple juice and shake shake shake
- If you want to get fancy - rim a martini glass with sugar, pour in the cocktail and decorate with lemon or mint. If it's too strong, add a little sparkling or soda water.