We’re always looking for new ways to incorporate matcha into our daily routine, so have turned to the book of matcha for a little inspiration (yep – we’ve written a book FULL of matcha recipes). We spotted this tasty matcha protein balls recipe and thought it would be perfect for a simple and healthy snack before a work out (or at our desk for elevenses), and knew you’d love it too! Read on to see our simple recipe for making delicious matcha protein balls:
Makes 12 balls:
- 75g (2½oz) cashews
- 40g (1½oz) desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp teapigs matcha powder, plus a little extra extra for rolling
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp runny honey or date syrup
- 3–4 tbsp water
- 30g (1oz) finely chopped
- pistachio nuts
- 40g of 'the health protein' by Innermmost (chocolate flavour!) - a fab vegan protein powder to support wellbeing. You can check out their full range of products here.
- In a food processor or blender, blitz the cashews, coconut, chia seeds, matcha powder, coconut flour and protein powder.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan over a low heat and add to the blended mixture with the honey and the water. Blitz briefly until you have a dough. Add a little more water if it’s too dry – you want it to stick together.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal-sized portions and, using your hands, roll each one into a ball.
- Roll the balls in the pistachios and some matcha powder, then chill in the fridge until cool and firm. You can store them in an airtight container.
If you give these a go, we'd love to see! Share your creations with us on instagram by tagging us @teapigs.