Quinoa salad with matcha chilli dressing
A quick, light and super tasty quinoa salad with a matcha twist!
480ml veg stock
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, diced
1 large ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
60g wild rocket
Handful of coriander, chopped
Small bunch of chives, chopped
Salt & freshly ground pepper
2 tbsp mixed pumpkin and sunflower seeds
For the matcha chili dressing
Juice of 1 lemon
½ tsp teapigs matcha powder
1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
A few drops of runny honey
4 tbsp olive oil
- Rinse the quinoa. Bring the stock to the boil in a pan, and then add the quinoa. Reduce the heat, cover the saucepan and simmer gently for 15 mins until the quinoa is tender and most of the stock has been absorbed. When the quinoa is cooked, the ‘sprouts’ or ‘tails’ will pop out of the seeds.
- Remove from the heat & leave to steam in the pan for 6-8 mins before draining excess liquid. Fluff up quinoa with a fork.
- Stir in the olive oil, red onion, avocado, rocket, coriander & chives. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Make the dressing: mix together the lemon juice & matcha powder until fully combined. Stir in the chilli and honey then whisk in the oil. Alternatively, shake everything together in a jar.
- Toss the quinoa salad in the dressing until everything is coated. Sprinkle with the pumpkin and sunflower seeds and serve.
- Use orange juice, as opposed to lemon, in the dressing & add grated ginger or crushed garlic.
- Most herbs work really well in this recipe – you can also try parsley, basil or mint!
- Add in grilled or roasted vegetables or grilled halloumi (because let’s face it, halloumi makes everything better!)
Want more matcha recipes? This is just 1 of 50 yummy matcha recipes from The Book of Matcha, the second book from our co-founders, Nick & Louise.
Why not try...