Each month we'll be getting to know some of our top stockists - Meet Sarah, owner of Bloom in Nantwitch and advocate of all things matcha!
1. How long have you been a teapigs stockist and what made you choose our tea?
We’ve been stockists since our opening day in January 2014! We’ve been teapigs fans for a while and just really love your tea! There’s a great range to choose from and the Matcha offering is proving really popular for us.
2. If you could only have one teapigs tea for the rest of your life, which would you pick?
Liquorice & mint all the way for me; it’s like a dessert without the calories!
3. How do you use teapigs matcha?
How don’t we use it?! From the powder, we serve skinny greens with hot water, matcha lattes with hot milk and cold shots with water or milk. We also offer the option to add a serving to our yoghurt & berries, porridge or smoothies as well as serving the cold matcha fruit drinks straight from the fridge – our customers love it!
4. What made you want to set up shop?
It's something we’ve always wanted to do. We love sandwiches and thought there was a gap in the local market for some really good ones! Our premises became available and it was a bit of a “now or never” situation – so we went for it!
5. Have there been any hiccups along the way?
Of course! Every day to begin with! We’d be lying if we said it was easy. We’d like to think we’ve learnt from our mistakes though and adapted to become a better business because of them.
6. Have you ever had any exciting celeb customers?
The lovely Thea Gilmore is a regular in Bloom – she’s also a massive Matcha fan!
7. Apart from tea (obviously!) what is your best seller?
The NYC sandwich - pastrami, emmental, gherkins and rocket with homemade tomato chutney and mustard mayo, it’s a winner! Our homemade brownies don’t last long either!
8. What’s the craziest customer request you’ve ever had?
We get all sorts - wouldn’t want to name and shame! A lot of them sound crazy at first, but some might even make their way onto our menu!
If you're one of our lovely stockists and fancy getting invovled simply drop Rachel an email email@example.com