Love matcha? Love pancakes? Well you’re definitely in luck, as today we’re bringing you a super simple recipe for the perfect matcha pancakes.
Last year you may have seen we popped up at Harvey Nichols fifth floor café, with a tasty matcha menu – skip to 9 months later, and we still daydream about the amazing matcha pancakes they served up.
So, since Pancake Day is looming, we thought it was about time we recreated our favourite pancake recipe, and share it will you all in case you fancy mixing things up a bit this year!
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 125g plain flour
- 250 ml milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of teapigs matcha powder or 1 matcha sachet (2tsp if you want it really strong!)
- Butter for the pan
- Combine the flour, eggs, milk and pinch of salt in a jug - whisk until smooth.
- For the matcha, whisk into a little bit of hot water to dissolve any clumps first, then add to the rest of the mix and give a final blitz.
- Heat up a non-stick pan over medium heat and melt in a dab of butter to avoid sticking.
- Pour in 1 ladle of batter, and tilt the pan to evenly spread the mixutre. Cook for 1 -2 mins and then do your best pancake toss and cook for a further minute. (...Or start again, as your pancake is on the floor)
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, fresh berries, banana slices and a dollop of nutella in the middle if you're feeling extra fancy.
In need of some more matcha inspiration? Check out 7 simple ways to use matcha here