What with the return of everyone’s favourite baking show this month, we’re ALL about the cakes...although, let's be honest, when aren't we all about the cakes!?
We love experimenting with matcha, and a firm office favourite has to be matcha blondies. After many, many batches (some good, some not so good) we've finally found our perfect recipe! So, we thought it was only right to share it with you all. Blondies on their own are pretty special, but throw in some of our superpower green tea and you've got something otherworldly on your hands...trust us!
- 200g unsalted butter
- 200g white chocolate - chopped
- 250g soft brown sugar or muscovado sugar
- 3 free range eggs
- 200g plain flour (although we always use self-raising)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- 3 tsp teapigs organic matcha
- Heat over to 180C/fan 160C/gas4.
- Line a tin – approx. 25 x 25.
- Melt the butter in a pan and cook it gently for about 5 mins until it turns golden.
- Set it aside and then add half the white chocolate – stir it until smooth.
- Beat the sugar and eggs together until they turn pale.
- Add the flour, matcha powder, salt, vanilla and the cooled chocolate butter and fold it all in until it’s evenly mixed.
- Pour the mixture in to the tin then scatter the rest of the chocolate over the top.
- Bake for 40-45 mins or until risen all over.
Feel free to add in almonds or macadamia nuts for an extra crunch!
Are you excited for the Bake Off to return? teapigs HQ will be getting fully into the GBBO spirit, and hosting our own weekly bake off - so be sure to follow us on instagram @teapigs to witness the inevitable Ian scale meltdown, as we throw all our creations in the bin. Also, be sure to stock up on your favourite teas, because it's physically impossible to enjoy GBBO without a cuppa in your hand.
Fancy more baking with tea!? Check out our fave recipes below: