*drumroll please *
May we formally introduce you to your new best friend - the teapigs milkshake or ‘teashake’ for short. Granted, tea and milkshakes may not be an obvious combination but trust us on this one - we’re on to something pretty darn special here. Forget sugary sauces and syrups, and say hello to the humble tea temple - Packed full of whole leaf tea and real ingredients (whether it be whole pieces of fruit, spices, chocolate or caramel) our tea temples are essentially little bags of intense flavour, meaning our teashakes will literally blow your socks off! (yep..literally)
As ever, we’re big fans of experimenting, so do give this method a go with your favourite tea temple, but here are our three most favourite, tried and tested...
what you'll need (serves 1):
- 2 or 3 teapigs tea temples (depending on how strong you like your flavour)
- 100ml water
- 2-3 scoops good quality vanilla ice cream (gluten free, dairy free, fat free, flavour free – totally your call!)
1. Pop your tea temples in to a cup
2. Add 100ml of freshly boiled water
3. Leave to brew for 10-15 minutes (the longer the better)
4. Once brewed, remove the tea temples and pour the liquid in to a blender
5. Add 2-3 scoops of good quality vanilla ice-cream
6. Add a little milk if the mixture is too thick
Feel free to add whatever extras you fancy - whipped cream, sliced almonds, fresh mint and berries all work a treat.
Mums and dads – this is a cracking recipe to try out with your kids. Get them to choose their favourite blend (somehow, we think it might be chocolate and mint...) have your lil helper assist with mixing it all together, choose a few toppings and voila, hours of fun! We have lots of caffeine free teas which are perfect for the kids, but grown ups, feel free to make yourself a darjeeling earl grey shake if you fancy a little caffeine kick
share your creations!
We love this recipe and can't wait to see how you get on with making your very own creations. If you do give it a whirl, be sure to upload your beautiful creations to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #summerofteapigs - we'd love to see and might even reward some of our favourite snaps with lots of teapigs goodies!