Hot Toddy’s in their current form originate in Scotland, however the Scots are thought to have been inspired by the Indian ‘Toddy’ drink. I’ve been drinking one of these before heading off to bed every night for the past few days after catching the worst cold ever (I blame public transport) and it has been working wonders!
To get started you’ll need –
- 80ml water
- 60ml whiskey (I use honey Jack Daniels)
- 1 teapigs lemon & ginger tea temple
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 cloves
- Stick a small saucepan on the hob, medium heat, 80ml water
- Add the 3 cloves, dash of cinnamon, 2 tsp honey and then tear open a teapigs lemon & ginger temple and add the bits
- Bring to the boil, you can now empty your mug of hot water and pour in your 60ml of whiskey
- Pour the contents of your saucepan into your mug through a sieve
- If you want to be fancy you can stick a slice of lemon in and if you went with cinnamon sticks rather than ground, stick them in now. A bit of ground nutmeg on top is pretty nice too!
- Let it cool a bit and then Drink up!