Matcha is a staple for us here at teapigs. We sip it hot, ice it down in the summer and have found many fun uses for our favourite green powder – *cough, matcha face mask*
Most recently, we decided to cross the line between food and beverage… between breakfast and morning drink. We matcha’d pancakes and boy was it worth it (it = a kitchen dusted green).
teapigs matcha pancakes
makes 12, serves 4 (dependent on hangriness)
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2.5 tbsp teapigs matcha (feel free to adjust depending on personal taste)
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Combine all wet ingredients – butter, eggs, buttermilk— and whisk away.
- Stir dry ingredients—sugar, flour, baking powder and matcha— into the wet. For the matcha, feel free to mix into a little bit of hot water to dissolve any clumps, then add to the rest of the mix.
- Heat up pan over medium heat and melt in a dab of butter to avoid sticking.
- Griddle up matcha pancakes, sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with a slice of butter… solidifying your title as the king or queen of brunch.
In need of some more matcha inspiration? Check out 7 simple ways to use matcha here