The role in a nutshell
Out Of Home is a booming growth area for teapigs and we’re on the hunt for an enthusiastic, tenacious tea lover who gets a kick out of sales and driving new business.
The person in this role is responsible for seeking out and winning new, high volume, business within the out of home channel. It’s the perfect role for someone who wants to work for a small(ish) but leading brand with big growth plans.
You’ll love this job if…
- You enjoy talking to people, on the phone and face to face
- You are keen to sell an exciting product
- You get a kick out of winning new business and seeing a product in a bar / restaurant and thinking “I did that!”
- You want to work for and make a big impact in a small(ish) and leading brand
- You like tea!
What you’ll be doing / key responsibilities:
- Actively seeking out HoReCa chains that need teapigs – via out and about days, trade/consumer magazines, websites and newsletters
- Attending conferences at trade shows and other relevant events to brush up on the industry and grow teapigs’ network
- Identifying new contacts and proactively calling and sending samples to any businesses that should have teapigs
- Following up on leads that come in from the wider team
- Meeting with contacts and working to get a deal over the line
- Participating in large volume tenders – working on commercials, completing bids and presenting to customers.
- On boarding new accounts, ensuring they know all there is to know about teapigs and are presenting us in the best possible way on site
What you’ll need to do well / to fly:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a sales role, ideally working on new business
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, including Excel
- Strong communication skills – you can’t be afraid to pick up the phone!
- Resourcefulness – a curious mind and drive to solve problems, big and small.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and a drive to evolve the role through new knowledge and tools.
- Flexibility and a willingness to get your hands dirty –we’re a small team so there’s lots of change and sometimes tasks will overlap across teams.
- Commercial awareness and the ability to understand what is helping us succeed in selling more tea and in spending less money and to act on it.
- Approachability - you understand your impact on others and you work well within your network, supporting colleagues and sharing knowledge so we can all do better work.
- BIG ambition to grow within a dynamic business.
- Excellent attention to detail and personal organisation, you’ll love a to-do list!
Are we perfect for you?
Nick and Louise started teapigs in November 2006 with a mission to get people drinking real tea again and to do things a little differently. They met whilst working for a big tea company, where they learned all about tea and drank loads of it. They soon came to realise that there was a whole world of quality teas out there that weren’t getting the attention they deserve. And so teapigs began.
We make better tea, using real, quality, whole teas, herbs, berries, flowers and spices for our compostable tea “temples”. Our tea is sourced sustainably and it’s in packaging that’s better for the environment. We give back to the communities that bring us our tea and the community on our doorstep. We take care of the people that make it all happen. And we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
We’re the number 1 super premium tea brand in the UK, the first to bring whole leaf tea in a mesh bag to the market. We have a range of 34 wonderful, a brilliant online community, much brand love and a fantastic team of teapigs. You’ll now find teapigs in over 44 countries across the world. We have big growth plans and are excited about the future.
- To work for the best tea company in Brentford
- Competitive salary and performance-related bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank and public holidays
- Great benefits, including healthcare, enhanced pension scheme, free oats and fruit, weekly fitness classes and free tea – loads of it!
- Lots of support to help you grow
- Flexible, friendly working culture
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter (that bit is important!) to email@example.com explaining why you'd be fab for the role!
Please don’t send your application without a cover letter – they’re our favourite bit!
Closing date: Friday 25th October