The role in a nutshell
Our export team is growing and we’re on the hunt for a detail-orientated, organised tea lover with fantastic customer service skills to join the team.You’ll be responsible for processing all of our international trade orders, organising logistics, managing all export admin duties and dealing with incoming queries from our accounts all across the world. You’ll also be looking after all of our international independent accounts, from lovely little cafés to independent retailers.
You’ll love this job if…
- You want to learn more about our international markets as well as all things sales and marketing
- Have a real passion for providing the very best customer service and get a kick out of making people smile!
- You are organised and have a good eye detail
- You’re great at multi-tasking and enjoy working in a fast-faced environment
- You want to work for and make a big impact in a small(ish) and leading brand
- You like tea!
What you’ll be doing / key responsibilities:
- Daily management of the export inbox
- Processing all international orders, liaising with our warehouse and freight companies to ensure a smooth service from start to finish
- Organising certificates and all paperwork to accompany orders
- Responding to all incoming customer enquiries and issues whilst providing the best customer service experience ever!
- Managing of all our international independent accounts through regular check in’s and calls
- Securing and setting up new independent international accounts – from cafés to our smaller retailers all over the world
- Managing all export admin duties – from database updates to marketing email send outs.
What you’ll need to do well / to fly:
- This is an entry level role, but some sales experience is beneficial – whether that’s in retail or food & drink!
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, including Excel
- Excellent attention to detail, personal organisation and communication skills.
- Resourcefulness – a curious mind and drive to solve problems, big and small.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and a drive to evolve the role through new knowledge and tools.
- Organised and proactive – you will be juggling lots of tasks, so being able to manage work load and think ahead before problems arise is key.
- Flexibility and a willingness to get your hands dirty –we’re a small team so there’s lots of change and sometimes tasks will overlap across teams.
- Commercial awareness and the ability to understand what is helping us succeed in selling more tea.
- Approachability - you understand your impact on others and you work well within your network, supporting colleagues and sharing knowledge so we can all do better work.
- BIG ambition to grow within a dynamic business.
Are we perfect for you?
Nick and Louise started teapigs in November 2006 with a mission to get people drinking real tea again and to do things a little differently. They met whilst working for a big tea company, where they learned all about tea and drank loads of it. They soon came to realise that there was a whole world of quality teas out there that weren’t getting the attention they deserve. And so teapigs began.
We make better tea, using real, quality, whole teas, herbs, berries, flowers and spices for our compostable tea “temples”. Our tea is sourced sustainably and it’s in packaging that’s better for the environment. We give back to the communities that bring us our tea and the community on our doorstep. We take care of the people that make it all happen. And we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
We’re the number 1 super premium tea brand in the UK, the first to bring whole leaf tea in a mesh bag to the market. We have a range of 34 wonderful, a brilliant online community, much brand love and a fantastic team of teapigs. You’ll now find teapigs in over 44 countries across the world. We have big growth plans and are excited about the future.
- To work for the best tea company in Brentford
- Competitive salary and performance-related bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank and public holidays
- Great benefits, including healthcare, enhanced pension scheme, free oats and fruit, weekly fitness classes and free tea – loads of it.
- Lots of support to help you grow
- Flexible, friendly working culture
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter (that bit is important!) by email via to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you'd be fab for the role!
Please don’t send your application without a cover letter – they’re our favourite bit!