E-Commerce Operations Manager
In a Nutshell
We’re looking for an outstanding E-comms operations Manager to take teapigs’ order fulfilment operation to the next level. You’ll need experience in warehousing, ideally in FMCG E-commerce and most importantly you’ll need to be able to inspire and lead a team of 7. You’ll need to spend time understanding our existing approach and then – with the support of the team – develop new standards of operation that allow us to scale up with the wider business over the coming months and years. You’ll also be supporting the Head of E-comms and assisting with relocating the team to our new warehouse this summer.
Key Warehouse Manager Responsibilities
- Reporting to and working with the Head of E-commerce to deliver on fulfilment goals and KPI’s.
- Motivating, coaching and developing our brilliant fulfilment team, supporting them to reach their full potential.
- Establishing and developing standards of operation that encourage a high level of communication, experience and ultimately a high quality of work. Everything should have a home and everyone should know what their role is and how their work contributes to the big picture. You will train and manage the performance of your team using these standards of operation.
- Ensure that health & safety rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Finding incremental efficiency gains in various aspects of our warehouse operation, with the initial goal of reducing day-to-day frustrations, in-turn increasing output and overall reducing the cost per order.
- Communicating with your team, keeping them updated on general business news, making sure they’re involved with general happenings across the business. You will also produce performance reports and have discussions with your team about how they are performing, how they can improve in certain areas and identifying any training requirements.
- Highlighting larger scale areas for improvement to the head of E-comms and supporting in delivering projects that help us achieve our ambitions. These could be related to the team, software, equipment, contracts, etc. You’ll have a wide remit.
You will be assisted by our Warehouse Administrator with the day-to-day operation of the warehouse, allowing you to focus on forward thinking, constant improvement and communication with the team. You will also be supported by two team leaders and a team of four warehouse assistants. You’ll be inheriting a team that are willing to run through walls to get the job done! Your first responsibility will be developing ways of working / operational standards, getting the team involved throughout and bought into a more structured approach to their work.
Location and Hours
Initially you’ll be based at our Brentford warehouse before moving to our new warehouse facility in Hanwell. Hours of work 8:30am to 17:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Are you the right fit?
We’re looking for someone who enjoys getting stuck in. If you’re all about sitting behind a big desk tucked away in an office then this definitely isn’t the job for you. We have a close-knit team who take pride in their work, so we are looking for someone who can build and create a positive relationship with the team, witness and understand the frustrations and challenges they currently face and take what you learn to drive constant improvement in their day-to-day processes.
- At least three years of management experience in a comparable environment. You’ll need to be able to demonstrate that you’re an excellent people manager.
- Experience in FMCG warehousing or retail are essential.
- Proficient use of computers, able to troubleshoot basic issues with IT hardware such as printers, monitors etc.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office apps.
- Experience with fulfilment software, able to set targets and produce useful performance reports.
- An outstanding communicator who leads by example.
- No fluff, all action. Say what you mean and mean what you say.
- Health and Safety management
- Forklift truck license
- Drivers license
- First aid qualification
Are we perfect for you?
Nick and Louise started teapigs in November 2006 with a mission to get people drinking real tea again and to do things a little differently. They met whilst working for a big tea company, where they learned all about tea and drank loads of it. They soon came to realise that there was a whole world of quality teas out there that weren’t getting the attention they deserve. And so teapigs was born!
We’re committed to creating quality tea that’s accessible (without the pomp and ceremony!), sustainable, and gives back to tea growing communities. Simple, right!?
Skip to today, and we’re the number 1 super premium tea brand in the UK - we were the first to bring whole leaf tea in a mesh bag to the market, and more recently the first tea brand to be certified plastic-free. We are a certified B Corp company & London Living Wage employer who believe that we can use our business for good. We have a range of 34 wonderful teas, a brilliant online community, a much-loved brand, and a fantastic team of teapigs. You’ll now find teapigs in over 44 countries across the world. We have big growth plans and are excited about the future!
- To work for the best tea company in Brentford
- 30k - 40k depending on experience and performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank and public holidays
- Great benefits, including enhanced pension scheme, free oats and fruit, weekly fitness classes and free tea – loads of it.
- Lots of support to help you grow
- Flexible, friendly working culture
We are excited to be building a diverse & inclusive business. As part of this, we are committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome & encourage applications from all candidates regardless of your ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status. We want people who can be themselves & be proud of the work they do.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday 25th June
We’d love to hear about what motivates you and how you would go about motivating a team, so please do include this in your cover letter.