The role in a nutshell
We're looking for an energetic tea lover to look after the online teapigs customers. You’ll handle live chat, incoming emails, calls, and talk to our customers on social media while making sure we provide the best customer service that your nan would be proud of.
You’ll love this job if…
- You love making people smile
- You’re great at multi-tasking with a brilliant memory
- You have a good eye for the finer details
- You want to work for and make a big impact in a small(ish) and leading brand
- You like tea!
What you’ll be doing / Key responsibilities:
- Be the first point of contact for our customer for all of our customers making sure they get the best service possible.
- Managing all customer enquiries via live chat, email, phone, snail mail, or social media.
- Taking orders, processing returns and refunds.
- Reporting on customer service performance statistics.
- You’ll also highlight good/bad feedback and build a bank of this feedback for use by the wider team.
- Identify points for improving the customer journey and work with Rachel to implement changes.
- A chance to work across multiple brands.
What you’ll need to do well / to fly:
- A passion for making people happy.
- Amazing customer service/people skills.
- Ability to juggle lots of jobs all demanding your attention at once.
- Excellent attention to detail, personal organisation and communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, including Excel.
- An analytical mind to examine results and make recommendations based on what you see.
- Resourcefulness – a curious mind and drive to solve problems, big and small.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and a drive to evolve the role through new knowledge and tools.
- Flexibility and a willingness to get your hands dirty –we’re a small team so there’s lots of change and sometimes tasks will overlap across teams.
- Commercial awareness and the ability to understand what is helping us succeed in selling more tea and spending less money to act on it.
- Approachability - you understand your impact on others and you work well within your network, supporting colleagues and sharing knowledge so we can all do better work.
- BIG ambition to grow within a dynamic business.
Are we perfect for you?
Nick and Louise started teapigs in November 2006 with a mission to get people drinking real tea again and to do things a little differently. They met whilst working for a big tea company, where they learned all about tea and drank loads of it. They soon came to realise that there was a whole world of quality teas out there that weren’t getting the attention they deserve. And so teapigs was born!
We’re committed to creating quality tea that’s accessible (without the pomp and ceremony!) is sustainable and gives back to tea growing communities. Simple, right!?
Skip to today, and we’re the number 1 super premium tea brand in the UK - we were the first to bring whole leaf tea in a mesh bag to the market, and more recently the first tea brand to be certified plastic-free. We are a certified B Corp company & London Living Wage employer who believe that we can use our business for good. We have a range of 34 wonderful teas, a brilliant online community, a much-loved brand, and a fantastic team of teapigs. You’ll now find teapigs in over 44 countries across the world. We have big growth plans and are excited about the future!
- To work in a flexible, supportive & friendly working culture
- Starting salary of £24,000 and a performance-related yearly bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank and public holidays
- Summer hours! Early finish Fridays throughout summer
- Healthcare, free eye tests & enhanced pension scheme
- A cycle to work scheme
- A monthly tea allowance
- Online yoga and HIIT class every week
- Lots of support & personalised training to help you grow
- A dedicated 'team fun', who run regular teapigs socials!
Please note this role will be based from our ecommerce hub in Hanwell with the opportunity to work flexibly too.
We are excited to be building a diverse & inclusive business. As part of this, we are committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome & encourage applications from all candidates regardless of your ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status. We want people who can be themselves & be proud of the work they do.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter (that bit is important!) by email to email@example.com by Friday 8th July.
Please don’t send your application without a cover letter – they’re our favourite bit!