We think matcha really has it all – as well as being super high in antioxidants, great for energy levels, and a tasty traditional tea, it also makes a pretty handy ingredient for our baking! You may have noticed that almost every day at teapigs HQ is fuelled by cake of some sort, and this matcha loaf certainly helped power us through the afternoon slump!
We have been loving Alpro dairy free milks at the moment, and have used their unsweetened almond milk in this recipe. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
• 1/4 cup coconut oil
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 1/2 cup Alpro unsweetened almond milk
• 1 cup spelt flour
• 1 tablespoon teapigs matcha
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Line a loaf pan with greaseproof paper
2. Using a mixer, cream together the coconut oil and sugar.
3. Add almond milk and eggs, and beat with the mixer until well combined.
4. In a separate bowl mix the flour, matcha, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and blend until smooth.
5. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and a toothpick comes out clean.
recipe inspiration from Vintage Mixer