What with the official arrival of summer, we thought we’d share one of our favourite summer drinks with you all – an iced matcha latte.
Not only will a matcha latte give you an all-natural energy boost, increase brain power, alertness and focus – it’s also just a delicious way to cool down in the summer months, and let’s be honest, quite the conversation starter thanks to its vibrant colour!
With the launch of our matcha latte sachets, we’ve become a dab hand at making matcha lattes at teapigs HQ, and thought we’d share our foolproof recipe for the perfect iced matcha latte.
You will need:
- Matcha powder
- Your choice of milk – alternative milks are our preference here.
- A whisk
- Sweetener (optional)
Our simple iced matcha latte recipe:
- Using a hand held whisk, whizz up 1g matcha (or 1 matcha latte sachet) with a splash of milk. We love brown rice or almond milk as they add a natural sweetness.
- Add your ice
- Pour over the rest of your milk
- Give it a quick mix together
- Feel free to add in a squeeze of honey or agave syrup if you've got a sweet tooth.
And that’s it - we told you it was simple!
Experiment with different milks – our go to is brown rice milk, but all alternative milks work really well with matcha (oat milk is also a new winner!) Also be sure to try out different matcha flavours – our favourite over ice is matcha mint, but matcha cocoa is a very close second!
Shop our full range of matcha latte sachets