We love tea and we love stats, so combining the two was an obvious choice! Here’s 5 facts that you may not have known about the humble cuppa..
- 165 million cups of tea are drink every day in the UK (and 70 million cups of coffee…but we won’t talk about that)
- 96% of all the tea in the UK is served in tea bags
- All tea comes from the camellia sinensis plant (its only after its plucked and prepared that it takes on a different taste and appearance)
- 98% of people in the UK take their black tea with milk (and only 30% also add sugar)
- Until 18th Century before tea became popular, Britain’s favourite drink was gin!
Do you have a top tea fact? Let us know in the comments!