Matcha is without doubt the new kid on the Western block – but it’s been an integral part of Japanese culture for the past 900 years. So as it seems we’ve got some catching up to do, let’s not waste any time….here’s 7 and a bit reasons why you should most definitely get on board the matcha train….
- It helps increase brain power – the amino acid, L-Theanine can help improve learning performance, promote concentration and even support the immune system!
- It contains more minerals, vitamins and antioxidants per serving than many so-called superfoods, including goji and acai berries.
- Green tea contains polyphenols - what’s that we hear you cry. Well, we’re not entirely sure – but the smart people at the University of Alabama, have found that the consumption of green tea polyphenols can be used to prevent sun-induced skin disorders, helping to keep your skin young and beautiful!
- One serving of matcha is equivalent to around 10 cups of regular green tea – wowza.
- It can help you lose weight – matcha is thought to boost your metabolism, and our matcha has even won the Your Healthy Living’s best slimming and fitness award!
- It is super versatile – smoothies, lattes, juices, porridge, banana bread – yes, banana bread. As it’s a powder, matcha can pretty much be added to everything and anything!
- It’s been known to have cancer fighting properties – matcha contains high amounts of natural green tea flavonoids known as catechins, one study says matcha contains three times more of the catechin called epigallocatethic gallate (EGCG) – a particular antioxidant linked to fighting cancer. Whilst much of the scientific research remains inconclusive, what we do know is that we speak to customers all over the world who have got in touch to say it’s helped them immensely whilst going through chemotherapy…and that blows our mind, every single day. 7.5 You can shot it….and let’s face it, who doesn’t love a shot!?
Visit our matcha shop