Posted 1st September 2015 by Sarah
Back to life, back to reality..
This September, we’re excited to announce that we’ll be taking over an interactive event space at Whole Foods Market Kensington – all in a bid to help get you back into a daily routine following the indulgent summer months! Back to school, back to work, back to reality.. if you’re anything like us, an ice cream a day for 3 months is a hard habit to shake, so sign up to yoga, take a personal trainer session, learn all about matcha and get yourself feeling sprightly for the months ahead!
We have a calendar FULL of events, from facials with REN, tea tasting with our very own tea taster Louise (yes, she is real – not just a fictional character we put on our packs!) yoga with Leah Kim, fitness sessions with Bradley Simmonds and weekly breakfasts with Rude Health. Plus we’ll be sampling matcha all month long - Come along and try our 100% organic, super power green tea served in a variety of formats. There’s bound to be one that takes your fancy!
Check out the dates below, reserve or book your space and come along for what is guaranteed to be a month of matcha related madness! (in the best way possible..) Plus you'll receieve an exclusive goody bag filled with matcha samples, goodies from REN, Ombar Chocolate, Meridian bars, as well as popcorn from Joe & Seph's - Wowzers!
The line up:
Express facials and hand treatments with REN Clean Skincare:
Saturday 5th September 11:00 – 19:00
Saturday 12th September 11:00 – 19:00
Saturday 19th September 11:00 – 19:00
Saturday 26th September 11:00 – 19:00
Reserve your space here
Monday morning breakfast with Rude Health and teapigs
Monday 7th September 08:00 – 10:00
Monday 14th September 08:00 – 10:00
Monday 21st September 08:00 – 10:00
Monday 28th September 08:00 – 10:00
Reserve your place here
Wake up to yoga with Leah Kim, Nike's global yoga ambassador
Tuesday 8th September 08:00 – 10:00
Tuesday 15th September 08:00 – 10:00
Tuesday 22nd September 08:00 – 10:00
Book your place here
Fitness session with personal trainer, Bradley Simmonds
Wednesday 16th September 16:30 – 19:30
Friday 18th September 16:30 – 19:30
Book your place here
Tea tasting with Louise – the teapigs tea taster
Thursday 17th Septemeber 12:30 – 13:30
Reserve your place here
Posted 18th August 2015 by Rachel
We are so pleased to announce that we have 12 more great taste awards to add to our collection!
We’d like to thank our mums… just kidding, but if we were the type for Oscar style speeches then this one would be reminiscent of Gwyneth Paltrow circa 1999 – we’re just that happy!
Here’s the full list of this year’s awards:
Tung Ting Oolong (tea taster Louise’s favourite!)
Posted 12th August 2015 by Natalie
Hi, I’m Nat – teapigs’ newest newbie.
I will be spreading the teapigs love and deliciousness to all those big restaurants/cafés/hotels that haven’t got their hands on us yet.
What should you know about me…
- I used to make grass milkshakes and collect garden worms – a real joy to my parents. I still love cooking, baking and experimenting (less with the grass and worms these days)
- I am a qualified Employment lawyer – from legal brief to whole leaf!
- I pretty much cycle everywhere – I have no idea why friends mock me mercilessly for the hi-vis, lycra and goggles, and apparently it was not normal to cycle to my teapigs interview!?
- Guilty pleasures – re-runs of 90210 and Lionel Ritchie
- I have a lot of nicknames – natty, nats, natter, tinkerbelle, natapuss, natweed (my brother used to call me a little weed, thanks bro), maggot (thanks sis), bellinder, tiddles, bellster, squirrelhead, freckle monster (thanks hubby)
- I’m hypoglycaemic (basically suffer from low blood sugar) – great excuse to snack all the time, but I do get called squirrel!
- I love Devon, Christmas, swimming in the sea, cream teas, tennis, Geordie accents, stationery, springer spaniels, painting and drawing, windsurfing, musicals, fishing, fancy dress, writing silly poems (oh go on then…)
'Once associated with snooty stuffed shirts and prigs,
With bags containing dust and tasting of twigs
Tea needed a saviour
To bring fun and flavour
So a star was born and that star was called teapigs!
Thank goodness for the tea-obsessed Nick and Louise
Making sure we know our A, B, Teas…
Whole leaf, berry and flower
And matcha the green superpower
Make teapigs’ teas the real bee’s knees!'
- I hate pigeons
- I once bumped into Freddie (Andrew) Flintoff in a bar – I’d say that definitely makes us mates
- Cruel to ask a teapig what their favourite tea is…I love mixing everyday brew and earl grey strong, very partial to a green with mint, and jasmine pearls, oh and the liquorice & mint, but who knows what my favourite will be tomorrow...
Posted 12th August 2015 by Sarah
It’s competition time!
We know how tricky it can be to try and keep the little'uns entertained over the summer hols, and that’s why we’ll be sharing our favourite child friendly recipes with you all summer long! We have amazingly tasty teashakes as well as fun and fruity teapops - guaranteed to be a new household favourite, as well as keep the kids busy for at least 20 minutes! (Imagine that, a WHOLE 20 minutes)
To help you get started, and excited for the summer (which is DEFINITELY not over yet…) we have a fab summer starter kit up for grabs for one lucky winner:
The kit will include:
- 6 of our favourite summer teas (perfect in shakes, over ice or in a teapop!)
- 4 x glass jar mugs (because everything tastes better in a jar..FACT)
- A pack of pinterest approved paper straws
- 1 x ice lolly mould
- As well as some extra goodies for sprinkling on top of your shakes – because, why not!
For your chance to win, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address as well as an interesting fact about yourself (winner will be chosen at random, but we enjoy being nosey.)
Competition closes 4pm on Friday 14thAugust (because who knows how long the sun will stick around for)..so you’d best get your entries in quick!
(p.s - competition not exclusively for parents...we all love a good teapop every now and again.)
Posted 12th August 2015 by Rosie
teapigs at the John Lewis Summer Retreat!
Come and join us for some real iced tea (and maybe a spot of sunshine) on the rooftop of John Lewis’ flagship store on Oxford street.
We’ll be retailing a range of our teas and offering up some deliciously different summer tea drinks from the comfort of a super cute beach hut. Definitely our retail unit of choice.
We’re in some great company with Rossopomodoro serving up Neapolitan goodness (which we sampled in abundance at Kew the Music) and other exciting John Lewis brands.
Monday 17th August - 12-8pm
Tuesday 18th August - 12-8pm
Wednesday 19th August - 12-4pm
Thursday 20th August - 12-9pm
Friday 21st August - 12-8pm
Saturday 22nd August - 12-8pm
Sunday 23rd August - 12-6pm
John Lewis, 300 Oxford Street, W1C 1DX.
Take the lift up to the top floor and you’ll be sign-posted (by some lovely John Lewis staff members) up to the roof. See you there!